Help!! Given the GM5 model, need GM2?

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
carlburgin
New User

Help!! Given the GM5 model, need GM2?

Post by carlburgin » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:46 pm

I have a 2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL with factory Nav. I was given the AVGM5 and RRGM5 by the dealer to do the install. Well I go to register and flash my model and it says that I need the AVGM2 and RRGM2. My question is will the GM5 pieces work? I want to retain my rear screens and all other functions of my factory. Or should I go back to the dealer and get the GM2 pieces that I need?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Help!! Given the GM5 model, need GM2?

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:55 am

Generally, the 2013 models with navigation call for the GM2 (90% of the time, the plug is different behind the radio). There are a few occasions where the plug back there is a GM5, but that is rare. The majority of the time, it is, indeed a GM2 plug behind the radio.

If you get the radio out and your plugs don't fit, that's because you definitely need a GM2 instead of a GM5. All the functionality of the solution is the same, it's just that the plugs are physically a different shape between the GM2 and GM5.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”