Pioneer buzzing with Maestro

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Richhassett
New User

Pioneer buzzing with Maestro

Post by Richhassett » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:59 pm

I have a 4200nex and there is a buzzing that is occuring in my 2009 Espace w/sync. At volume 3 it is very loud which gives me indication that the gain is very high to the factory amp. However, when opening up the maestro settings -> audio gain and choosing a lower audio gain I am not getting any change with the buzz. The sounds is loud at a very low setting..still. So this setting is not working and I called pioneer and they said this menu populates when plugged into maestro so there has to be a bug here.

Are there any fixes? The subwoofer rcas, which i troubleshooted, was unplugged and I made sure they were not touching anything and still a buzz.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Pioneer buzzing with Maestro

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:20 am

Is the vehicle equipped with the Sony sound system?

How did you wire up the speakers; using the RCAs, or did you cut them off and wire them up to the radio's speaker wires?
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Richhassett
New User

Post by Richhassett » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Apologies.. it is a 2009 ford escape with sync. There are no speaker markings on the door that indicates they are Sony.

The speakers are hooked up via the wireing harness that came with the head unit and that I soldered into the maestro harness according to the wiring diagram.

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:03 pm

Does this buzzing get louder when you turn up the volume? does this buzzing go up and down with the rev of the engine? I would reconnect the rca's to the FO1 harness and connect them to the rca's of the radio and test it again.

The Maestro Audio Gain has nothing to do with an OEM amplifier, it's an input gain for the Maestro unit from sources like Sync, Uconnect, Onstar, etc...
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”