2017 f150 XLT W SYNC

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
migs505
New User

2017 f150 XLT W SYNC

Post by migs505 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:46 am

hello! I am in the process of installing a maestro RR along with kit-ftr1 with a pioneer mvh-1400nex head unit. I previously used a PAC Audio in my 2011 f150 and the steering wheel worked flawless but I did lose full control of the sync system (which was not a big deal to me) so I did have to install the after market mic. A few questions...

1) will I be able to use the OEM mic or do I need to run the mic that is supplied with the pioneer unit? I typically don't use bluetooth audio as I plug my iPhone in to the usb and make and receive phone calls through apple CarPlay. Also, will there be any conflict with CarPlay and the sync system?

2) my vehicle came with an OEM sirius satellite. If I am installing after market, am I able to integrate the OEM with the new head unit or will I need to grab an after market sirius receiver kit? My last truck did not come with OEM sirius so I had to purchase the kit when I installed the after market radio.

Thanks for any and all help!!

billr
ADS Team

Re: 2017 f150 XLT W SYNC

Post by billr » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:59 am

hello,
If you plan on using Sync the OEM mic will work, but just for the Sync, it will not work with the Pioneer radio. Since your radio has Carplay I would recommend not using Sync at all and let the radio do all your Bluetooth functions. This way you will not run into any conflicts. Shutting Sync off is as simple as when you flash the Maestro module you just not select Sync in the OEM features section. the steering wheel controls that originally controlled Sync will now prompt your phone and work with the radio.

As for your OEM satellite, you will need to add the aftermarket sat tuner, we cannot retain the OEM satellite tuner.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”