Sync BT / WiFi has disappeared

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Portico504
New User

Sync BT / WiFi has disappeared

Post by Portico504 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:10 am

I was able to see a Sync network when I had my Kenwood DMX7705s installed with maestro rr & mus1 one month ago. Now I cannot see a Sync BT or WIFI network when trying to connect my Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Can you shed some light on what I may have done. I’ve gone through all the OEM hands free setting to try all different settings. My voice activated, Hey Google has also stopped working. I’m hoping these 2 issues are connected to the same problem. Thank you.
2011 Mustang 5.0 GT / Kenwood DMX7705s / Meastro RR / Mus1 /

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: Sync BT / WiFi has disappeared

Post by Zack Flynn » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:46 pm

Try disconnecting the main harness at the sync module on the passenger side of the vehicle for a few minutes and reconnect it. If you cant find or disconnect the Sync module itself then try a battery disconnect under the hood for approx. 10 minutes before reconnecting.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Portico504
New User

Re: Sync BT / WiFi has disappeared

Post by Portico504 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:29 pm

I disconnected my car battery for 15 minutes and still the same issues. No sync network on my phones BT or wifi. I changed the oem settings hands-free to both options and still no changes. I should also mention the steering wheel sync button will not chime the factory tone and no sync nice lady voice. Any further help is greatly appreciated.
2011 Mustang 5.0 GT / Kenwood DMX7705s / Meastro RR / Mus1 /

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”