2016 Tundra issue after remote start install

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
bman78
New User

2016 Tundra issue after remote start install

Post by bman78 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:42 pm

I am having a couple of issues with my remote start and Kenwood head unit which started after the remote start install. My set up, Viper DS4 remote start with T-harness, Kenwood DMX905s with Maestro RR module on a 2016 Tundra. I had the remote start installed at Best Buy. The tech tired two different harnesses, but neither corrected the issue. He then installed a relay to cut power to the radio. This worked but still left the second issue.

First issue. The radio will stay on when the truck is turned off. This happens when the obd2 plug is used for the Kenwood to get vehicle information, TPMS, gauges, codes etc. Works fine when unplugged minus no vehicle information. The remote start does piggy back off the obd2 plug.

Second issue. This radio has gauge read outs for varies sensors. When the truck has been remote started, the gauges screen has a message "ignition off" even after the key has been inserted and ignition on.
Before I had the remote start installed, all was working fine. I'm not sure if the conflict is between the remote start system and the radio or the maestro module. I hope this is a known issue and it can be resolved and its me just missing something. Thank you for your time and help.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2016 Tundra issue after remote start install

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:58 pm

-During the initial install, did the radio turn on with the remote start?

-The tech could interrupt the maestro's gray/red wire with a relay during remote start, and that should eliminate the conflict between the RR and the starter.

There are a few similar threads on the forum with the same issue. See the threads below for fixes and additional ideas:
viewtopic.php?f=404&t=18107
viewtopic.php?f=404&t=18064
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Toyota”