Volume changing by itself

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
kspee
New User

Volume changing by itself

Post by kspee » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:56 pm

I've been having this issue lately where the volume for my system goes to 0 by itself. I have an Alpine iLX-107 with iDataLink Maestro RR installed into my 2013 Ford Mustang. I've noticed this issue both when my phone is connected via bluetooth as well as a wired connection. At first I thought it might've been the fault of my steering wheel buttons (I mapped one button to mute) but the volume is actually just going straight to 0 and won't go back to its previous value if I hit the mute button.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: Volume changing by itself

Post by Zack Flynn » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:08 pm

Is this only happening when you are in a phone related source? And when you say it goes to 0, does it go down incrementally or does it go straight to 0?
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

kspee
New User

Post by kspee » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:51 pm

I only use a phone-related source for audio in my car which is connected via Bluetooth. It doesn’t go down incrementally. It goes straight to 0.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:29 pm

How long ago was everything installed in your vehicle? Did you do the installation or was it done at a shop? The fact that it acts as if it is being muted but hitting the mute command doesn't "unmute" it seems like something that the radio is doing, not a mute or volume down command coming from the steering wheel controls.
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Horace
New User

Post by Horace » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:51 am

My volume raises by itself too. It seems to only go up by the looks of it. I've never touched it myself when it comes to installation or setting it up. Everything was done in the shop and it worked fine for months. Should I take it to the shop again or is there something I can do to fix this?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:03 pm

Horace,
Since the behavior is new, I recommend resetting your Rr. This can be done in the setup menus of your radio, under the OEM Setup.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

kspee
New User

Post by kspee » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Zack Flynn wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:29 pm
How long ago was everything installed in your vehicle? Did you do the installation or was it done at a shop? The fact that it acts as if it is being muted but hitting the mute command doesn't "unmute" it seems like something that the radio is doing, not a mute or volume down command coming from the steering wheel controls.
This was installed in a certified Alpine shop back about 7 months ago. I did make one button on my steering wheel a hotkey for mute if it is held, FWIW.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:32 pm

You could try the reset that Dara recommended, or temporarily disconnect the data connector from the RR or the radio. You would lose the other functions that the RR supports during that time, but it would tell us if the radio were doing the change in volume going to zero or it was some sort of command that was coming from the RR.
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”