RR - 2014 Tundra JBL w/iLX-F309 - No Parking Guide

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
johnnydon
New User

RR - 2014 Tundra JBL w/iLX-F309 - No Parking Guide

Post by johnnydon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:22 pm

They are not coming up on my screen. I do have a bypass installed, is this possibly why? If the Parking Brake is applied (in theory), does this somehow disable the Parking sensor output from the Maestro? I can still see them on my in dash display, and can still hear the beep...

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: RR - 2014 Tundra JBL w/iLX-F309 - No Parking Guide

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:38 pm

While reverse is engaged and an object is detected, you should be able to switch between a full screen image of the camera, a full screen image of the parking sensors/object detection, or a screen that displays both images at once. The radio manual is a little more detailed on page 79 . It sounds like you might just have it on full screen camera image as it is if you are still getting audible tones
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

johnnydon
New User

Post by johnnydon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:59 pm

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately the screen doesn’t even come up with the front sensors. It never comes up. I will try the reverse ones tomorrow when I can have someone get close enough to activate the sensors, but I’m not hopeful since the front ones aren’t activating the parking assistance screen. The options for parking assistance are grayed out, the main menu item is active but the 2 options inside are grayed out.

johnnydon
New User

Post by johnnydon » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:03 am

I confirmed this AM before leaving for work while the sensor was active (coming out of my garage), I do get some options when tapping the screen while backup cam is active, but none to do with parking assist. I'ts like the Maestro isn't registering the signals at all. I checked and rechecked my Maestro wiring instructions, are those signals coming over one of the main harnesses?

Also, an aside. My Speedo is off by about 10%, reading slow. I bought the truck used a couple years back, the speedo needle has always been accurate, but the tires are a little larger than stock. I assumed the truck was reprogrammed for them since my needle is correct, but I suppose someone could have done something else to make that so? Is there any speedo correction I can do with the Maestro?

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:19 pm

After looking at this again, it slipped my mind the first time. We don't specifically integrate with the parking sensors in your truck like we do some other makes/models of vehicle. If you look up a 2010 Chevrolet Suburban for instance you will see the header "Park Assist" and the two lines under it referencing what we are integrating with in that respect. We don't get that same info from the network we are connected to in the Tundra. The same holds true for the climate control info you were asking about in your email.

As far as the difference in the speedometer reading on the truck and the gauge screen, that could possibly have to do with the truck speedometer being recalibrated for the tires. I don't know if when that is done it adjusts the VSS output on the diagnostic protocol at OBD2 as well, which is where we get the info from the truck. I will have to speak with the engineering team and see if they have thoughts on that part.
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

johnnydon
New User

Post by johnnydon » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:17 pm

Zack, now I’m having a new problem. The unit is not going off with the ignition, it stays on. It will only go off if I unplug the OBD2 lead, but comes right back on when I plug it back in.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:49 pm

In our wiring harness, where it is wrapped in the black tape, you will find a resistor that connects the gray/red wire that goes down to the OBD2 to the accessory wire in the harness. Cut that resistor out and isolate the two wires. That should resolve your issue.
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

johnnydon
New User

Post by johnnydon » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:20 pm

Thanks again Zack, I will give that a shot. While I’m back there, I’m still trying to remedy my low caller sound issue. The install instructions state that I don’t need to connect the 4 wires for rear speakers because I have the factory JBL amp. Just doesn’t sound right to me. https://share.icloud.com/photos/0aguNmI ... DshFmAM5ow

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:25 pm

I didn't see any previous mention of low call audio in any of your posts. What audio source the unit it in does not effect the level of the amplifier gain on our end. There may be a setting in the radio somewhere for that that can be adjusted. And the rear speaker leads need not be connected on any JBL system. It only uses 2 channels of audio input, front left and front right.
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

johnnydon
New User

Post by johnnydon » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 pm

Thanks Zack, sorry I have been back and forth with Crutchfield and Alpine regarding that issue. Thanks for the help!

Return to “Toyota”