Traverse 2017 AVH-2440NEX, OEM XM and bluetooth problem

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
jpchartier
New User

Traverse 2017 AVH-2440NEX, OEM XM and bluetooth problem

Post by jpchartier » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi,

1- The volume on calls made by the OEM GM Bluetooth module is very low. Is there a way to increase the volume?
2- when the Pioneer plays OEM module SiriusXM radio stations, the external speaker for chimes and turn signals is muted. When standard FM or other music player is on no problem. Is there a way to get the turn signals back on using OEM SiriusXM?

Thanks
JP

billr
ADS Team

Re: Traverse 2017 AVH-2440NEX, OEM XM and bluetooth problem

Post by billr » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi JP,
when you are in a call have you tried pushing the Volume Up button on the steering wheel while in a call?
Also the chimes in the little speaker are not there when you are listening to OEM satellite, it's just a limitation on how the Maestro processes the chimes and the OEM satellite music.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

jpchartier
New User

Post by jpchartier » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Hello Bill,

Ok for the limitations on OEM XM for the chimes. A fix would be nice though, it's a bit embarrassing to leave the turn signal on for a few kilometers when you don't hear it...

For the OEM bluetooth, here's the scenario. The iPhone ring that goes through the speakers is loud as hell when there's an incoming call. (Shown on the NEX screen : Onstar Call Incoming or something like that). When the call is answered, the volume is so low, I have to put all the volumes, including the steering wheel volume to the max. Since I have a real hard time hearing, I switch on the iPhone the bluetooth option to "CarPlay" or "AVH" and then the sound is blaring through the speakers and have to turn it way down. The OEM Microphone is a lot better than the Pioneer. I would really like it to work well...
Thanks
JP

12V Guy
ADS Team

Post by 12V Guy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:03 am

JP,

On the turn signal clicks, we are not able to generate them when you are listening to satellite radio because we have only one audio mixer inside the MRR and it is passing the audio from the sat tuner to the radio when you are listening. The clicks will work in other source, as you know. There is a reminder chime and cluster message that will happen after you drive a couple KM with your turn signal left on.

Regarding your volume, please test as follows:

1. During an onstar call, the SW volume buttons are sent to Onstar to control it's volume
2. The radio volume buttons control the radio volume.
3. Volume on the phone controls volume of INPUT sent to BT device (OnStar in your case)

I suggest adjusting as follows while parked with vehicle running and your phone connected to OnStar

1. Have someone call you and answer the call.
2. Make sure the call volume on the iPhone is maxed (use volume controls on the phone)
3. Try to adjust volume with SW buttons - if you get enough volume, you're done.
4. If not, try adjusting the radio volume a little using the radio volume knobs.

If all else fails, some Pioneer radios have a menu to add gain to specific sources (an offset from the main volume level). We use the AUX input source so you could see if you can adjust that source up with a nice positive offset.

Hope this helps. You might also like to have this if you didn't get on flashing. http://images.idatalink.com/corporate/C ... 170512.pdf
Mark Rutledge
Mark.Rutledge@adsdata.ca

Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville
Montreal, Quebec
Canada, H4P 2G1

(514) 807-2888
(866) 427-2999

jpchartier
New User

Post by jpchartier » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:59 pm

Thanks guys ! I gave a boost on the AUX volume and on the OEM settings there's a "information volume" setting that I gave a boost and it works fine!

One last thing:

The SW Talk button doesn't start the onstar menu like it did before the installation. The Mirror onstar button doesn't have the same menu, since it doesn't have "bluetooth pairing".

I found a way to pair a bluetooth device by changing the volume setting (1 to 4) for the little speaker that was added. Is there another way to start the Onstar menu like before?
Thanks
JP

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:07 am

JP,
the Onstar BT Prompt is a command you can select during the steering wheel button assignment process when flashing the RR. If you take the RR back in and connect it to your computer, you can edit the steering wheel commands (you don't have to put all the vehicle info back in). If you select the Push and Hold function for the Voice button you will find the Onstar BT Phone command at the bottom of the list.

once selected and the RR is flashed when you push and hold down the Voice button you will get into the Onstar BT menu.
Good to hear everything else is working good for you!
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”