2014 Focus ST Maestro RR & FO2 harness Kenwood DDX595 install

plinky
New User

2014 Focus ST Maestro RR & FO2 harness Kenwood DDX595 install

Post by plinky » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:22 am

2014 Focus ST ST1 (no factory amp, 6 speaker, with SYNC), replacing factory radio with a Kenwood DDX595. Connected the Maestro harness to the vehicle harness, connected the Maestro harness to the Kenwood, then connected the Maestro harness to the Maestro. Radio powers up & works, but only getting a steady 2 red blinks from the Maestro LED, no SYNC info present on radio, no operation from factory USB port (radio USB works fine).

1. Had to take it all apart so I could drive home last night, but would checking & updating the radio firmware (if necessary) possibly remedy this?

2. Was told by Maestro tech assist over the phone that the 3.5 cable from the Maestro to the aux port next to the idatalink plug on the radio is not needed. I still connected the cable from the blue plug on the Maestro to the IdataLink plug on the radio. Is this correct?

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2014 Focus ST Maestro RR & FO2 harness Kenwood DDX595 install

Post by Zack Flynn » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:21 pm

Two red flashes from the RR's LED means that we are not communicating with the radio. This is caused by 1 of 2 things. The physical data connection between the two, that goes from the black 4 pin port next to our USB port is either disconnected from the RR or the radio or plugged into the wrong port on the radio (with the data cable that has the 4 pin black connectors on both ends.) Or, the incorrect information for model number or serial number was entered for the radio when flashing the RR on the website.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

plinky
New User

Re: 2014 Focus ST Maestro RR & FO2 harness Kenwood DDX595 install

Post by plinky » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:55 pm

Total moron move on my part. I get maybe 1 hour a day after work to mess with this install, so in haste I plugged it in the wrong port. Everything working as it should now (steering wheel controls, SYNC, factory USB & AUX, vehicle info, etc), green LED with every command input. Even did a parasitic load test to make sure it wasn't going to drain my battery - vehicle powered down to 29-30 milliamps (right where it needs to be). Now if I could figure out something cool to do with this 4 inch display besides filling a hole (using a Metra dash kit). :wink:

Thanks for the reply.

Return to “FO2 radio replacement solution”