Pioneer 4400nex problems

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
scottnj1966
New User

Pioneer 4400nex problems

Post by scottnj1966 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:50 am

Good morning,

I am having problems with the maestro/idataiink interface with my new Pioneer 4400nex.

When I put it in reservse the parking assist screen shows up for a split second then goes to the camera view with no overlay for the parking assist and no parking lines.

I do not see any settings at all for "oem" like I did on my Kenwood. So I couldnt change anything if I wanted to.

Please help

I reflashed just in case it didnt take correctly. no change.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Pioneer 4400nex problems

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:55 am

The settings are the same in Pioneer as they are in Kenwood, you just get to them differently. They are under Setup > Vehicle/OEM setup.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

scottnj1966
New User

Post by scottnj1966 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:02 am

Here is the last screen in parking assist. As you can see I have no real settings to make this work. I will add a link to the video so you can see what it is doing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2at2w1kgmaxc ... 0.jpg?dl=0
Last edited by scottnj1966 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

scottnj1966
New User

Post by scottnj1966 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:30 am

Here is a video of what it does when I put the truck in reverse

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdloxuleqya7s ... 8.MOV?dl=0

I slowed it down some in this link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/13egcenoyonlr ... 5.MOV?dl=0

I should be seeing the parking assist prompts overlayed on the camera view.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:21 pm

With this radio, you can either see the parking assist or the backup camera, not both. There is no way to overlay two screens like you're describing.

What's happening is that both screens are set to turn on, so the radio is trying to show both. You just need to turn the Parking Assist Interrupt OFF in the OEM settings and it won't come up when you go into reverse.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

scottnj1966
New User

Post by scottnj1966 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Why wouldnt you make it like the Kenwood screen?
Nowhere on your page does it day it wont work.
Why would anyone not use both?

scottnj1966
New User

Post by scottnj1966 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:13 am

I have two more questions.

First why is my back up sensors disabled? It's one thing that you are telling me that I cannot have the overlay of the sensor image on the backup camera like you did with my Kenwood but not having the "beeping" sound when you get close to an object when my camera is being shown is not going to work for me, it's also very unsafe that you disabled a safety feature.

Could you please have management or an engineer look into this quickly.

Thank you

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:46 am

We don't have control over this- it is up to the radio manufacturer how they want those screens to work. As an example, Alpine allows you to view a split-screen of the camera and the parking sensors at the same time. Kenwood doesn't do this, nor does Pioneer, but Alpine does, simply because they chose to make the screen work that way.

Your parking sensors should still give you audible beeps when you are backing up, but there won't be an overlay on the Pioneer screens. If your parking sensors aren't working like they did previously, please call our tech support line (listed in my signature) when you're in the truck and we can troubleshoot with you and get them going.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

scottnj1966
New User

Post by scottnj1966 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:14 pm

This is ridiculous. Pioneer is blaming your company and you are blaming them.
My kenwood had overlays on the backup camera using your module. This is the same module I used with my 9704.

I am not getting anywhwre here.
First off there is no audible signals for the backup sensors. Does your module not work with this stereo?

I have yet another issue. When I hit the turn signal and no matter what screen it will go to the carplay screen. Pioneer said they have not setting for this problem. Any ideas why?

I will call the next time I am in the truck. I need to solve these issues.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:43 pm

If you want features that only Kenwood provides, I suggest keeping your Kenwood. I'm not blaming Pioneer, so much as telling you the truth about a feature that Pioneer does not support. I just triple checked with my engineer, and he confirms that the overlay feature is supported by Kenwood, but is NOT supported by any Pioneer model.

It sounds like you have the audio cable from the maestro plugged into the W/R port on the radio. It should go into AUX.

As I said above, I am happy to help you get your parking sensors working, whenever you're ready. It is likely just a setting, but that is most easily fixed by calling the tech support line to troubleshoot in real-time.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

scottnj1966
New User

Post by scottnj1966 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:05 pm

If you are a maestro employee I suggest you quickly change your attitude. I paid good money for all these devices and I need to get to the bottom of what is going on. You are supposed to be helpful but you are more defensive in thinking your product has no bugs. It happens with new products all the time. What makes this any different.

You tell me to turn off the back up sensors but I find this option is under maestro settings. Once I turn that off it actually not only turns it off trying to be on screen but it turns off the beeps.
So tell me how I supposed to have my backup camera and the sensor beeps on at the same time without it looking like some idiot programmed it on the screen.

And while we are at it tell me why my turn signals make any screen I may be on drop back to some default screen. Pioneer said they have no such setting and since the turn signals would never be connected to the radio what has maestro programmed incorrectly?

Could you please have an engineer look into the issues the module has with this new stereo as I do not think enough testing on an actual 4400 has been done.

Thank you

If you cannot help

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:55 am

I'm sorry for the frustration. I am not trying to come off as defensive. I am simply stating, as a matter of fact, that Pioneer does not support these features. I am the manager of the tech support department and I have verified with our engineering team that Pioneer radios do not support the same feature that you had with your Kenwood.

Turning off the Parking Assist Interrupt just keeps the visual sensors from popping up on the screen, like you showed in your video. It has no impact on the audible reverse chimes. Have you had a chance to call us to troubleshoot with us yet?

The turn signal issue you're referring to is because your audio cable is in the wrong port of the radio. It should be in AUX, not the W/R port. This is a VERY common call that we get. When you send AC voltage into an input that would normally control the steering wheel controls, that will cause the radio to do some funky stuff.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

12V Guy
ADS Team

Post by 12V Guy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:30 am

Hi,

I manage the engineering team. I have reviewed this thread. All the information Dara has provided you is correct. Each radio maker decides what features they will support. The ability to put the visual parking assist and back up camera on the same screen is up to the radio maker. This requires them to make the GUI screen, we just populate it. Pioneer and Sony do not support both back up camera and visual parking assist on the same screen. In these radios you must choose what GUI (camera OR parking assist) you want to see in reverse. Kenwood, JVC and Alpine all support both on screen at the same time.

Since you want to see the camera, simply turn off the Reverse interrupt in the Parking Assist settings as Dara suggested. After this, when you put the car in reverse, you will see the camera. When you back up and get close to something, you will get beeps, just like you did before the radio swap, but you will NOT see ANYTHING on the screen. This is what is NOT POSSIBLE with a Pioneer radio.

The real issue you seem to be having is beeps from your parking sensors, which should still work. They will come out of the chime speaker you installed with the GM5 harness and there is a menu in the radio to adjust the volume of these. If, after increasing the volume, these don't work, I suggest you call in to technical support when you can troubleshoot in the vehicle as it will be hard to do anything to troubleshoot that here.

You have several other issues, which appear to be a result of you plugging something into the port on the back of the radio labeled W/R as Dara pointed out. Can you please check this and reply about that? The audio cable from the MRR (Black 3-pin to 3.5mm) needs to go into the AUX input on your radio (NOT THE W/R) and the setting in the radio for aux input needs to be for Maestro.

We have thousands of flashes for this software and this is not a "new product". Do we sometimes have bugs,? Yes. Do we sometimes find issues with the Maestro implementation in new model radios? Yes.
But we are trying to help you and nobody is being defensive. Dara has suggested something to you multiple times and you have not ever responded once to her suggestion.
Mark Rutledge
Mark.Rutledge@adsdata.ca

8400 Bougainville
Montreal, Quebec
Canada, H4P 2G1

(514) 807-2888
(866) 427-2999

scottnj1966
New User

Post by scottnj1966 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:45 am

Dara DeGrand wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:55 am
I'm sorry for the frustration. I am not trying to come off as defensive.

Hello. Just wanted to apologize for being so frustrated. I should have stated all my issues more clearly with you work through them. I will use the fixes and ideas you hiven me. I am almost positive I had to have plugged that cable in the wrong port.

Once I get a change to pull it all out and check and change some settings I’ll be back here to let you know how I’ve done.

Thank you again and I promise I won’t be frustrated again. Thank you.
Also sorry for the delay in the apology, I never have a problem admitting when I’m wrong but I’ve been under the weather for awhile. Hope to get back to having fun soon!

scottnj1966
New User

Post by scottnj1966 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:47 am

Also thank you Mark.
I’m pretty sure the port I used is what you think I may have done. I am just so happy the turn signals isn’t a normal function.

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”