2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland diesel v3.0 AWD Automatic blind spot issues after Alpine/Maestro RR install.

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
amargo
New User

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland diesel v3.0 AWD Automatic blind spot issues after Alpine/Maestro RR install.

Post by amargo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:32 pm

When I installed the Alpine lix-107 in my Jeep I got problem with the blind spot indicator that is showing that there is another car beside mine.

The jeep’s own display shows ”blind spot detection unavailable”. I tried to find out what caused this problem, and therefore installed the original radio again where the blind spot was working OK. Then I disconnected one cable after another and came to the conculsion that if the cable to the gps antenna was disconnected, then the blind spot function did not work.

I have also read on various internet forum and tried to understand what causes this problem. At one forum someone, who had the original radio installed, wrote that he got the message ”Blind spot system unavailable - Astronomy zone”. Maybe my problem with Alpine also is related to the gps system and that there is a need to adjust the software to manage the connection between the gps antenna and the blind spot detector in relation to the Astronomy zone issue.
My guess is that there is a need for software update for Maestro RR, so I kindly ask you to check it out. I really need you to look into this issue as the blind spot indicator is important fot my security. I live in Sweden, so I can’t visit your work shop.

Below is a link to the forum I mentioned above. https://jeepgarage.org/f107/astronomy-z ... 31675.html

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland diesel v3.0 AWD Automatic blind spot issues after Alpine/Maestro RR install.

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:10 am

Have you checked to make sure nothing is obstructing that side sensor and causing a false alert?

Past that, we don't have a way to troubleshoot or fix this, as the Swedish version of the vehicle may be different than what we have in North America.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

amargo
New User

Re: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland diesel v3.0 AWD Automatic blind spot issues after Alpine/Maestro RR install.

Post by amargo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:08 am

Dear Dara DeGrand!

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I just want you to know that my Jeep is made in Detroit, it is not a European version. And English is the only language the car uses in the monitor. Please see the attached screenshot of my car registration information.

I am absolutely sure that the blind spot detection functions very well with the original radio as I have reinstalled it and installed your system twice to check the function.

And on a forum I found an Amercian user who had the same problem with blind spot as I have viewtopic.php?f=351&t=15389&hilit=blind+spot#p60456 So this must be related to your software I guess. So, I expect you to look into this problem and to find a solution.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:50 am

As I stated in the other thread,
Dara DeGrand wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:52 am
I just checked with the R&D Manager, and he has been unable to track down this exact vehicle for testing. Sadly, it's a very difficult trim to come by, so it'd unlikely we'd be able to find one to get to the bottom of the issue.

We have to find one of these and test it in person to get to the bottom of the issue. This trim isn't very common, which is why the other thread isn't resolved. We simply aren't able to find this vehicle, so that keeps us from being able to figure out the issue.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

amargo
New User

Post by amargo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:33 pm

I really look forward that you will be able to find a solution in this isuue. If you want me to perform any kind of diagnostics, I will be happy to assist you.

Return to “Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep”