2012 f250 w/factory sync, maestro and avh-2400nex

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
WhiskeyTango
New User

2012 f250 w/factory sync, maestro and avh-2400nex

Post by WhiskeyTango » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:04 am

i just purchased this truck and it has a brand new AVH-2400NEX installed in it. i had the maestro/For01 harness from a previous truck, so i decided to install it and remove the Access swi the previous owner had installed.

before the vehicle had ZERO sync prompts which i personally didnt prefer. after flashing and installing the maestro, i now have sync prompts, somewhat. i still can't seem to pair my phone with the sync functions. I've also noticed the response from the point i push a steering wheel button to the point the head unit receives it and then a verbal sync prompt is fairly extended......maybe 4-6 seconds.

could the firmware on the maestro be flawed from flashing or could i be missing something?

I have tried unpairing from the pioneer radio for bluetooth, going to the phone/bluetooth settings and clicking sync as the hands free source but when prompted with sync audio "no bluetooth device connected, i will try to connect one" there is about a 10 second pause then unable to connect comes across the pioneer screen. i have gone through every setting on the head unit itself and made sure my phone was discoverable and have tried searching for bluetooth sources through my phone as well with no luck.

just trying to get the bugs worked out, otherwise i love the Maestro product and functionality. any help will be greatly appreciated

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2012 f250 w/factory sync, maestro and avh-2400nex

Post by Zack Flynn » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:54 pm

The Sync system sounds like it needs to be reset. The most certain way is thru the menu in the factory radio which I understand you don't have. If you get to the Sync module high in the passenger kickpanel and disconnect it for 5-10 minutes and then reconnect it, that should reset it. Make sure you are disconnecting the large 54 pin main connector to reset it. That should allow you to pair the phone thru the radio screen.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”