2014 Fusion titanium amps constantly turning on

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
MMMarr0526
New User

2014 Fusion titanium amps constantly turning on

Post by MMMarr0526 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:54 pm

Amps are turning on all the time when the car is off and all doors are closed.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2014 Fusion titanium amps constantly turning on

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:07 pm

On the aFO2 t-harness, there is an 18 pin connector that plugs into the DSR1. In Pin 1, there is a blue/yellow wire. Try cutting that, to see if the issue goes away.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

redlancer
New User

Post by redlancer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:12 pm

my setup is tending to do the same thing on my 2015 Edge. After about 20 minutes the whole system shuts down (as expected), but after that the amps power on and then shut down again about every 5 minutes or so.

I've seen the 'disconnect pin-1' advice on a couple of other posts, what is that wire connected to?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:01 pm

that wire is the amp turn-on wire that comes from the radio. We do the turn-on digitally, so that wire isn't needed and we suspect it's what is causing the amps to turn on after the key is off.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

redlancer
New User

Post by redlancer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Thanks, that's what I figured.

My vehicle has a fob with push-to-start (no ignition key). I think the 2014 Fusion Titanium does also as well as the 2016 SHO from the another thread which is also push button start iirc.

Could be a common thread on push button start Fords if that lead is getting pinged by some other circuit when the car is off.

redlancer
New User

Post by redlancer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:41 am

Well, got a chance to test removing the blue/yellow wire to see if it fixed the continual on/off cycling. It did indeed seem to fix the basic issue of the amps not power cycling, but unfortunately lost some minor vehicle functionality.

Now to have audio, you have to have the head unit turned on (duh) and have the push start in what would be 'on' position in a keyed vehicle. Previously you could turn on the radio with the vehicle totally off as long as the key fob was in the car as well as being able to exit the car after turning the radio back on (i.e. getting gas and passengers want to listen to radio). That no longer is the case as the radio turns on but the amps don't get a turn-on signal until you toggle the start button, and any opening of the door after that turns off the system. You can leave the car 'on' but not started I suppose, but that's not really an optimal solution either since the entire vehicle is powered up (lights, engine fans, etc)

Also lost some of the dummy chimes since there's no amp power once the driver door opens, which isn't too big of deal, except for the rear hatch for me. It no longer has the safety chime when closing and it is possible to accidentally close it on yourself with the rear 'kick your foot under the bumper to open/close' function. More than once I've done it on accident and you wouldn't know except for the chime.

In the grand scheme of things, I think the issue comes down to the push button start Ford cars don't have what would be a traditional ACC key position. Just off and on.

Simplest solution is probably just run a different turn-on lead for the amps. Most of the 12v power point plugs in the vehicle all have a turn-off delay of 20-30 minutes (changeable in FORScan I believe) and there's a power point just a few inches from where I have the amps and DSR1 mounted.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:56 am

This is something we should be able to fix in our firmware. We didn't come across it when we tested, but I believe we should be able to replicate it, figure out what's going on, and update the firmware with a fix. I have created a ticket to have my engineering team look at it, and I will update as soon as i know something.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro DSR1”