Rockford Fosgate DSR1 bluetooth not staying connected

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
Post Reply
alrile
New User
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:57 am

Rockford Fosgate DSR1 bluetooth not staying connected

Post by alrile » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:37 pm

Summary of issue:
I have 3 DSR1 devices all from the same manufacturing lot. I followed the updating instructions on the one I put in my truck (2017 Ford F150) back in August 2018. The DSRA firmware is 1.7.0 - however not sure what the BLE is at. This device works find, and while it does disconnect frequently I can still adjust it and configure it.

The other 2 DSR1's I have are for a customer's boat and for the same customer's GMC Denali 2500. I have followed the same process with each of this updating, however the DSRA is at 1.7.3 (I tried 1.5.6 and 1.7.0 with no luck) and the maestro firmware is at 1.4 & 1.2 for BLE. One of the DSR1's I can connect to via my phone or so it shows, and every 12 seconds it disconnects and reconnects while never letting me configure anything. Audio passes through fine but it's simply an nonaugmented signal. When I went into the Perfect Tune app it shows "i" next to the device in the list so I click it and it shows DSRA 1.7.3, etc. Thinking that this may be the 1.7.3 DSRS firmware, I downgraded it via the DSR updater software to 1.7.0 (which is what my truck is on and works with my phone). However when I go into the device list in PerfectTune it shows it's still at 1.7.3 (so my guess is it's just not communicating). It still does the disconnect/reconnect every 12 seconds.

When I plug the USB back into my computer and run the DSR Update software it shows the correct version there.

Thinking that I somehow updated this device incorrectly, I did the step by step on the DSR1 that's for the customer's boat, however this one does the exact same thing with the 12 second disconnect/reconnect. This one also does not show the data in the "i" information within the devices list in perfect tune, but does show in DSR1 updator that everything is what is expected.

Long story short I am at a loss here. I don't know how to factory reset these back to try to update them again, nor do I have any diagnostic info to be able to go through them and confirm all is right. Any help would be appreciated so I can get this out for him.

Thanks!

User avatar
Zack Flynn
ADS Team
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:46 am

Re: Rockford Fosgate DSR1 bluetooth not staying connected

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:01 pm

If you have updated the BLE on the Maestro site, and done the update with Rockford's DSR1 updater app on the computer then you may want to reach out to them about the app on the phone or tablet disconnecting from the unit itself. The app and it's connection are something they are better equipped to assist with since it is their app.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Post Reply

Return to “Maestro DSR1”