2015 f150 climate control blue lighting staying illuninated

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Evoviiigsr
New User

2015 f150 climate control blue lighting staying illuninated

Post by Evoviiigsr » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:55 pm

It appears the climate control lighting on my truck is staying on periodically after locks and doors shut. In stock form all is ok. Also in stock form unplugging the 2 boards not used in aftermarket radio install will make this condition also happen. I've been trying to diagnose this for days with no solution. It seems that the body module is looking for these boards, and when disconnected the lighting comes on. Any advise would be awesome

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2015 f150 climate control blue lighting staying illuninated

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:09 pm

A few questions:
-Did you hook up the orange wire on the t-harness? If so, to where?
-Can you post pictures of the two boards you're talking about?

We have had several hundred of these dash kits sold and installed and haven't heard of this issue, so it's possible maybe you left something unplugged that you shouldn't have. With this kit, we're not communicating with the climate controls; all you're doing is relocating the climate buttons/circuit boards to a different panel.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

daleverb20
New User

Post by daleverb20 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Update on my identical issue in my 2015 F150 XLT. I've determined that when I sit in the truck and wait for it to go to sleep, and then my climate control back lights come back on(and stay on), that if I push the brake they turn off. They will usually come back on again a few seconds later and then if I press the brake again they go off again.

This made me think I missed a wire so I went back to the wiring diagram. It says the yellow/black wire is for "foot brake" but with my Alpine ILX-207 there is not matching connection for "foot brake" so I originally just capped that wire. The only brake related connection on the Alpine is the "parking brake" (yellow/blue) which I connected to the "e-brake"(lt. green) on the T-harness. Should all be correct so I have no idea what is going on.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:25 am

We were able to replicate this issue even with the factory 4.3" radio installed. Our R&D tech brought a vehicle in to test, but soon noticed that the OEM radio does the same thing. We watched the truck for an hour and the climate lights stayed on (while everything else, including the cluster and radio, stayed asleep). Because of this, we have determined it isn't a maestro issue that's causing this, considering we witnessed it in a completely stock truck. See the attached image; the climate lights are lit up on the OEM radio, and the timer is showing they've been on for nearly an hour.
IMG_20190402_114634.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

daleverb20
New User

Post by daleverb20 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Interesting. I don't recall my factory system ever doing that before but if it's happening to a stock setup I can't argue with your results. I appreciate that being tested and the time taken to look at it. I wonder why that happens and if it's even a concern then? I've read similar things happening possibly relating to the daylight sensor but nothing conclusive. I can't imagine the LEDs would pose much of a power draw to harm your battery unless the vehicle sits unused long term. Sounds like nothing I can do about it without wasting money with Ford diagnosing it.

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”