No vehicle features menu, also no turn signal/chime sounds.

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
fsmjg13
New User

No vehicle features menu, also no turn signal/chime sounds.

Post by fsmjg13 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:35 pm

Maestro RR unit w/ Kenwood DDX6903s being installed into a 2013 GMC Yukon Denali with a GM2 kit.

The install was quite confusing as the only instructions I could find were for the GM5, I'm not sure if they are that much different but he diagrams were kind of hard to understand mostly due to the fact i was taking out another brand of interface unit that was not functioning right. It was a mess of wire.

Having said that, most of the stuff seems to work. All the steering wheel controls, the radio display gauges all work, back up camera, etc...The only things I can't seem to pin down are the chime sounds and the vehicle features menu.

I bought the unit from a local distributor and they flashed the unit for me when I purchased it, so I did not try to re flash anything yet. I double checked the 4 pin data cable and the audio cable to make sure they were plugged into the two designated idadalink plug-ins on the back of the head unit.

The only thing I didn't find any clarification on was the chime speaker hook up. The directions said to cut a blue and black wire and splice it in, there was no blue or black wires on my harness to clip. There was however a two pin connection on the maestro unit that fit the chime speakers plug (directions never mentioned a speaker with a pre installed plug or where to plug it in). An install video of another 2013 GM vehicle showed the chime speaker plugged into the maestro unit and not spliced so I did the same.

So no signal or chime sounds and no vehicle features menu is showing up. I'm assuming a reflash in in order but I wanted to post first to check off all the likely problems.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: No vehicle features menu, also no turn signal/chime sounds.

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:12 am

Somehow you pulled up a REALLY old guide. This is the one you should be using (Page 261):
http://images.idatalink.com/corporate/C ... 180523.pdf

Just to clarify- You DID plug in the supplied chime speaker? It should just plug in to your RR. I have a feeling there's something up with the flash that's affecting the chimes; is there any way you could PM me your RR's serial number so I can check it?
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

fsmjg13
New User

Post by fsmjg13 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:01 pm

7DAA8B4245
RR (512) 3.0
2018-05-10

That's whats on the sticker on the back of the unit. I pulled it out so I could reflash it if needed.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:07 pm

The flash actually looks ok. At this point, I recommend giving us a call at the support number in my signature. It will be a LOT easier to troubleshoot and get this solved in real-time over the phone.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:18 pm

*SOLVED*

When the vehicle is equipped with the Bose system, the amplifier generates chimes and turn signal clicks. In this case the OEM amplifier was bypassed. Make sure to uncheck OEM Amplifier during flashing, and then we will generate the chimes and turn signal clicks for you, instead of the amplifier.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

diego13medina
New User

Post by diego13medina » Mon May 13, 2019 9:19 pm

Dara DeGrand wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:18 pm
*SOLVED*

When the vehicle is equipped with the Bose system, the amplifier generates chimes and turn signal clicks. In this case the OEM amplifier was bypassed. Make sure to uncheck OEM Amplifier during flashing, and then we will generate the chimes and turn signal clicks for you, instead of the amplifier.
thankyou! this exact same thing is happening to me. my maestro card was flashed 8-10 months ago. can this be re-flash? how do I do that?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue May 14, 2019 8:22 am

Yes. Take it out of the vehicle, connect it to the computer, and re-program it.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

diego13medina
New User

Post by diego13medina » Tue May 14, 2019 6:44 pm

I'm trying to re-flash it but my radio is not listed on the options for alpine compatible radios. What do I do??? I have an alpine i209-gm. 2014 silverado lt. With bose

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Tue May 14, 2019 7:07 pm

What is the 10 digit serial number of the MRR unit you are flashing? It will be the very top line on the white sticker on the bottom of the MRR.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”