Maestro RR/MUS1 /w Alpine ilx-107 Ford Sync Issues

Xlogiq
New User

Maestro RR/MUS1 /w Alpine ilx-107 Ford Sync Issues

Post by Xlogiq » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:36 am

Hello, I just installed this unit and everything is working, however sync is not. I know I've cut and tied in the correct wire because at one point I did hit the sync button and got a "line in" response. After this however the entire Alpine unit froze and didn't respond, had turn car off/on. Also the sync buttons don't seem to work all the time/respond correctly all the time, it's not a consistent response. I've already sent a message to Alpine today as well to see if there is something on their side that's causing this Ford Sync issue/freezing problem since this unit is new. If it's actually something with the RR or connections somewhere I can check this however I'm out of ideas at this point as it appears everything is wired properly. Thank you.

-Chris M

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Maestro RR/MUS1 /w Alpine ilx-107 Ford Sync Issues

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:49 am

If you hit the voice button on the steering wheel and the sync lady starts talking to you, you're on the right blue/orange wire.

Make sure that you don't have anything hooked into their steering wheel control input on the alpine, as that could cause some weird behavior.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Xlogiq
New User

Post by Xlogiq » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:16 pm

Thanks Dara, i don't believe anything is connected into the alpine steering wheel control input however i'll double check. So far I've experienced this:

Hitting voice button, i hear line in, entire alpine unit freezes and i can't do anything until i restart the car.

Hitting voice button, i hear line in and then the beep as if it'll let me now start talking to say bluetooth audio, etc however it's not responding to any voice commands. Alpine unit is unresponsive at that point and have to restart.

When trying to use carplay phone option the sync mic doesn't appear to be picking up voice commands or voice at all. Unless i'm mistaken and for carplay voice/commands/siri to work i have to use the alpine supplied mic for the head unit.

Thank you,
Chris

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:32 pm

There may be an issue with the radio, based on what you're describing.

It is not possible to use the Sync microphone w/ carplay. You must use the Alpine mic.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Xlogiq
New User

Post by Xlogiq » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks Dara, good to know. I've already reached out to Alpine and I have a feeling this may be a long ordeal with them. Thanks for your help so far. Appreciate it.

-Chris

Osmar.Silva
New User

Post by Osmar.Silva » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:02 am

Hello there, I'm new on this board and I found an 18 months old post from you regarding the Sync issue. I'm getting exactly the same on my Ford F150 with the same Alpine ILX-107 w/ Maestro RR and FO1, when I press the Sync Voice button on the steering wheel, I got the audio "LINE IN" but after that, everything frozen and I have to turn the engine off and on to get the Alpine back.
Was you able to get the issue with Sync resolved? If so, do you mind to tell me what steps did you take to get that resolved?
Thank you very much.
Osmar

Return to “FO1 radio replacement solution”