2011 F150 - PTT possible?

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
OldManCan
New User

2011 F150 - PTT possible?

Post by OldManCan »

I'm very new to the HU replacement activities so please bear with me.

I have a Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX in a 2011 F150 XLT (no-Nav) and initially installed with another companies steering wheel controller + harness etc. I bought the Maestro RR + F01 kit because I want to enjoy the OBDII integration along with better programming ability etc. I went through the flashing step once to figure out how it goes and saw how the button mappings go. Looks pretty straight forward.

Quick question on PTT function. I would like to be able to mute & unmute my phone microphone from the steering wheel. I believe this is the function referred to as PTT. I didn't see a way to map this action to a button. Can someone kindly let me know if it is possible to mute/unmute the microphone with Maestro RR?

Thanks much in advance

Chris LaRoche

Re: 2011 F150 - PTT possible?

Post by Chris LaRoche »

PTT = Voice or Siri by default. There's not a mic mute function. It simply launches google voice or Siri to listen for voice commands. The only muting commands most radios support is to Mute or Attenuate, which is muting or reducing the audio on your end in the truck.

Thanks!
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

OldManCan
New User

Post by OldManCan »

Thanks Chris for your kind response. I understand this is a challenge because HU makers do not expose mic mute as an addressable function. it is a shame as they all put a button on the phone screen to mute the mic. I do a lot of teleconferences on the road where I listen most of the time and then speak occasionally. it works best to keep myself on mute to keep road noise or other conversation off the line and then unmute when I need to speak. It would have been great to map a button on the steering wheel to do this. Pity.

Chris LaRoche

Post by Chris LaRoche »

Totally understand where you're coming from on that use case. I can't think of a way to manually make it happen off top my head either, unfortunately.
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”