Subaru Auto Climate Control

Group using the SU1 and SU2 firmware* see specific firmware for full feature list.
Craig
New User

Subaru Auto Climate Control

Post by Craig »

I've noticed that since installing my RR2, the automatic climate control will turn off the "Full Auto" mode on its own. It would only do that if I adjusted something manually before installing the RR2. It seems to happen when the car is warm. Any ideas on what might be causing that?

2017 Forester XT Touring originally with HK system
Maestro RR2 w/SU2 harness
Kenwood DDX9907XR radio

Thanks!
2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring originally with HK system
Kenwood DDX9907XR radio

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Subaru Auto Climate Control

Post by Dara DeGrand »

This is normal operation. We aren't doing anything on the climate data lines in this solution. I think what is happening is that the full auto defaults to auto mode once the desired temperature is reached. See a forum link below where other subaru owners are talking about the same thing.

https://www.subaruxvforum.com/threads/f ... ol.113001/

I hope this helps,
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Craig
New User

Re: Subaru Auto Climate Control

Post by Craig »

Maybe so, but this is the way I've always understood it:

FULL AUTO: Computer adjusts everything.

AUTO: YOU adjusted something, so the computer WILL NOT adjust that until you tell it go back into full auto. In your case, you changed the recirculate button, so the computer will no longer change it until you allow it to (by pressing the AUTO button and putting it back into full auto).

MANUAL (FULL and AUTO not illuminated): You have to manually change every setting, the computer is no longer controlling anything.

I see the post with others mentioning that it wouldn't go into full auto sometimes when it's too cool, but that wasn't really the case here today. I just don't really ever recall it behaving this way before I did the install.
2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring originally with HK system
Kenwood DDX9907XR radio

Return to “Subaru”