Odd issues

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
Jabroni
New User

Odd issues

Post by Jabroni »

Ive got a few weird issues Ive run into and wondering if there might be a easy solution tonthem.

Dsr1 is fully updated. Using it in a 2020 tundra with jbl head unit, and t03 harness.

When using my s10 android to connect to the dsr1, sometimes my changes to eq or levels just stop working. For example, if i mute the front doors to adjust eq on rear doors, the screen shows its muted, but sound is still coming out. If i disconnect and reconnect sometimes thatll fix it. Sometimes not.

I had a weird issue the other day when making changes where the audio was super quietm and I got some weird noises out if the front soeakers..a hiss sound. Had to turn off my truck, wait till the dsr1 shutdown, and then started my truck back up and all was well. Very strange!

I think i am also struggling to sort out updating a preset and applying it..sad I know! Is there some trick to it? Seems like if I reconnect it, and go to make a change and sync, that all eq settings are back to stock.

Also, navigation prompts and phone are really quiet, is there a way to increase this somehow?

I do plan on reflashing the dsr1 for giggles, so maybe thwt will help..for what its worth if ai just fire up my truck and start playing music it works great..just some quirks when using the app.

Also, maybe note worthy is I am using android auto via usb connection at the same time, nit sure if that may be an issue.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Odd issues

Post by Dara DeGrand »

Before you do any re-flashing, let's confirm a few things; Can you go to the bluetooth pairing screen in the perfect tune app, connect to your device, and then select about/details in that screen? You should see a list of firmware/hardware versions. Can you post a screenshot of that screen? (If it doesn't let you attach a photo here, you can host it on imgur, google drive, etc, and post the link here.)

Thanks,
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Jabroni
New User

Post by Jabroni »

Here is the info.

Hardware version: 3.1.8.1
Bootloader: 1.0.0.0
App version: 1.9.4.0

Maestro firmware: v1.80.0.0
Firmware name: ads-ar-dc-toi-256
Bootloader ver: 1.0.0.0
App vers:1.9.4.0

Noticed some weirdness with the sub today, it was really quiet even tho the volume was maxxed on the main screen. I lowered the volume and it was like it kicked on, and was crazy loud. Managed to tweak it to be normal level, wws just odd!

Ive also had it where my changes dont take effect, and if I close the app and reconnect, then its working..i can test this by going into trim settings and muting output to confirm things are working.

Last night I fired up my truck to leave the house, and had no audio at all..rebooted the radio and boom, it was working...never had that one before.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

In the flash, have you done the embedded device update on weblink desktop? That update is specifically for the bluetooth chip, and ensuring it is up to date should help with any bluetooth connection issues. If that is up to date, I recommend reaching out to Rockford, as the Perfect Tune app is made by them. They may not be aware of any settings update issues with the app, or an update may have caused a bug in the interface.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro DSR1”