Heat related issue??

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
ckazacos
New User

Heat related issue??

Post by ckazacos »

I have a 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium. I've had the DSR1 since September 2019. I've had the following issue a few times right after I installed it but it seemed to go away. Now I've been having it a lot over the last week and I think it is related to the heat. It has been in the mid/upper 90's here. The unit is hot to the touch when this happens.

It will work fine for around 5 minutes after starting the car. After that the music sound fades out and then fades back in over and over. The volume control in the car also no longer affects the volume. Initially the volume meter on the stereo does change when I turn the knob but it doesn't affect the volume. Then shortly after that the volume control doesn't even affect the volume meter on the stereo. It seems like it is losing communication to the car but the lights on the unit indicate it is connected.

Tonight when I reproduced the issue I held a bag of ice against the unit for 5 minutes and unplugged it and plugged it back in and it worked, but only for around 5 minutes. The unit was very warm after just 5 minutes. Usually when I experience this issue it doesn't go away until 20-30 minutes.

The unit is installed in the trunk, but is out in the open and has plenty of airflow.

Is this a know symptom of the unit overheating?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Heat related issue??

Post by Dara DeGrand »

We have a few reports of the units overheating, but cannot isolate it to any particular hardware or batch issue. It's something we're currently researching and trying to get to the bottom of. I will add your case to the existing trouble ticket for this issue, and keep you posted with any updates.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

lucasboney
New User

Post by lucasboney »

I am having this identical issue, I just purchased my DSR1 to go along with my new audio system for my 2014 Ford Focus. After doing the whole install yesterday I began setting the gain on my amp when I began having the same problems that you are experiancing. I have been trying to find out if I was doing something wrong and re-flashed a few times. I am very thankful to have found this post to know I didn't do anything wrong on my end, but I am really disappointed that a very key point in my new audio system is not working.

My unit was manufactured on 2019-06-29

Serial# 0000571483-84

I purchased the unit online from Walmart, should I process my return through them or file a claim with Rockford?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

I recommend exchanging through where you purchased. It will likely be a lot faster. You can call Rockford if you like and inquire, as I'm not sure what their warranty exchange policy is.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

surroundedbytrees
New User

Post by surroundedbytrees »

have the same issue with my SW. Was working fine till last week. Its been warm here in Southern Ontario but I always leave a sunshade in the window if im parked for any period of time.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

There was a firmware issue that we found and resolved. If you re-flash your DSR1, it should be good to go now.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro DSR1”