2010 Civic SI with RR2 Implementation Issues

Post Reply
dukesnmbr1
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:53 am

2010 Civic SI with RR2 Implementation Issues

Post by dukesnmbr1 »

I'm currently in the process of fine tuning the RR2 Module with a Kenwood DMX706s on my 2010 Civic SI Sedan. This has a factory amplifier, and I'm using the H01 harness.

1. I flashed the v1.5 software, and everything seemed to be going okay but I was getting some ticking in the speakers when the OBD2 port was plugged in. Upon researching, this seems to have to do with the harness routing/grounding, so I separated the OBD2 wires from the bundle as well as the RCA. I routed them as far away as possible from the power harness, and while it has greatly reduced the noise, it hasn't completely gone away. I can try to run a better ground, but for now I'm assuming this is the same issue others have and I'll work it within grounding and harness routing.

2. Originally my TPMS data was going in and out, but I had all the sensor readings and options to calibrate/change units in the TPMS. When I separated the harnesses in Option 1, the data cleaned up and I have constant readings now (assuming it was noise on the line being routed next to the power). I went to reflash to update my steering wheel controls and noticed there was an update to the embedded unit firmware. Upon updating this, I now have no options under the vehicle info screen to calibrate the TPMS or change the units. It's currently utilizing Celsius and kpa for pressure, where all my gauges are set properly to english units. I reverted from v1.5 to v.1.4 for the configuration firmware (not the embedded) and this changed nothing. Do I have something hooked up incorrectly? I have the data cable going into the black 4 pin slot on the RR2, does it belong in a different female connecter? The install guide only showed the RR, not the RR2 configuration.

3. I tried reflashing using the bluetooth from my iOS phone. I kept getting a timeout error and the transfer will stall. I took apart the dash and reflashed using my PC and it worked fine. I was able to initially flash with bluetooth, but since installation I cannot.

Chris LaRoche
Moderator
Posts: 447
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: 2010 Civic SI with RR2 Implementation Issues

Post by Chris LaRoche »

1. If moving the cables apart further helped, it's entirely possible you're on the right path. It's not a common theme we've come across, but seems like a logical path you've gone down there.

2. The data cable does go in the black 4 pin, as you have done. The RR vs RR2 guide thing, we haven't made a RR2 specific guide, as all the plugs are color matched to the module. It's possible it may happen at some point, but isn't at the top of the list at this time. You can try resetting the RR2 from the radio menu. Settings>AV>OEM Setup>Maestro Settings>Maestro Module>Module Master reset.

3. Doing the above should also resolve this.
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

dukesnmbr1
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:53 am

Re: 2010 Civic SI with RR2 Implementation Issues

Post by dukesnmbr1 »

1. The sound is barely noticeable, so other than shielding the bundles and grounding I probably won’t do much else with it. I just have a good ear for things that don’t sound like they should apparently.

2. I’ve reset the module, re-initialized the KENWOOD, removed the negative battery terminal. Still nothing.

3. Same as #2. If I pull the maestro out and disconnect everything I can flash through Bluetooth, but once installed and hooked up it stalls. Could just be interference, not the end of the world. Once it’s working, I shouldn’t have to flash it again.

Obviously still struggling with #2. Anything else I can try?

dukesnmbr1
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:53 am

Re: 2010 Civic SI with RR2 Implementation Issues

Post by dukesnmbr1 »

So this still isn't resolved. All feedback is gone, but once I updated the embedded flashware I no longer see the options under vehicle info to alter the TPMS settings. All my sensors are working, but I'm getting a readout in Kpa and Celsius, and cannot calibrate/alter TPMS.

I've reset the maestro unit, disconnected the battery terminal, reflashed, reset the receiver. I'm pretty much fresh out of ideas. I also cannot flash using bluetooth, it always times out, so I have to plug in directly.

Looking for any feedback possible.

User avatar
Dara DeGrand
ADS Team
Posts: 7543
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: 2010 Civic SI with RR2 Implementation Issues

Post by Dara DeGrand »

I asked the engineer about this, and I'll let you know once I get feedback from him.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Post Reply

Return to “HO1 radio replacement solution”