2013 Honda Odyssey without nav 2nd screen question

Group using the HO1 and HO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
chris948
New User

2013 Honda Odyssey without nav 2nd screen question

Post by chris948 »

Hello, 2013 Honda Odyssey without nav, simpler steering wheel control.

I've looked everywhere, but what exactly can the RR do for me as far as the center dash video screen above the climate controls?

The website says that the Audio Information Display is retained if I use the RR/RR2, would it just mirror a Sony AX1000 for instance? Could it ever be used to display the backup camera feed again? How does that work?

SECONDARY VEHICLE DISPLAY (IF EQUIPPED)
Audio Information Display
Hands Free Info Display
Navigation Info Display

thanks
Chris

Chris LaRoche

Re: 2013 Honda Odyssey without nav 2nd screen question

Post by Chris LaRoche »

An AX1000 isn't RR compatible. For this vehicle, the radio must be Maestro/RR compatible. For Sony, that would limit you to the AX210.

The audio info display is limited to the information the radio sends out. This could be artist/song data on certain sources, or be things like the FM station number or name. It can vary though, based on the radio, as to what's output there.

It won't have the ability to output the camera to it, though, no. Just text/metadata from the radio. The navigation info will only output with radios that have built in navigation, not Carplay/Android Auto as well. And only when using the internal navigation of the radio itself.
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

chris948
New User

Re: 2013 Honda Odyssey without nav 2nd screen question

Post by chris948 »

Thanks. I was concentrating on the RR part, I hadn't looked at the radio part for very long.

Is there a guide or way to see different radio video out to the RR capabilities?

I'm wondering if it's better to just gut the center screen and replace it with something that can take a video in. But then I'm left with the same issue, head units aren't really designed prioritizing video out.

Return to “Honda”