2015 Civic Si Lanewatch Retention with Alpine

Group using the HO1 and HO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
nicholai_l
New User

2015 Civic Si Lanewatch Retention with Alpine

Post by nicholai_l » Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 pm

Hello again,

I have come to this forum again for support, since I cannot find a simple hard solution to my problem. I have a single camera input, and would like to multiplex both the Lanewatch and Reverse camera to come on at different times, all while retaining stock features. I understand the Maestro can do this for Kenwood units with multiple A/V inputs, but I cannot buy another carplay HU. If possible, I would like to know how I can get a signal to turn on the reverse camera when in reverse (working by hardwiring reverse light), and turn on lanewatch when I use the right turn signal. Currently my ad-hoc solution involves providing a false reverse signal to the head unit during lane change, but it does not work unless i manually press the lanewatch button. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2015 Civic Si Lanewatch Retention with Alpine

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed May 15, 2019 8:26 am

Short answer: That is not possible.

Long answer: In order for this feature to work, you would have to use an iDatalink compatible Kenwood or JVC radio that has a dedicated front camera input with lanewatch features. It has to be a compatible radio because we need to be able to switch and control which camera input it goes to when you change gears or activate your turn signal. This kind of switching will be possible with any radio when using the RR2 (not released yet; we're looking to release in the summertime), but not currently.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

nicholai_l
New User

Post by nicholai_l » Wed May 15, 2019 8:38 am

Hi Dara,

I currently have a working hardware workaround involving a video multiplexer and a d flop toggle. I use the lanewatch button on the left stem and the 12V backup line as inputs, and output a separate backup line and the selected camera. I am only searching for a way to tap into the signal that is fired when the right turn signal is operated. I can attach my current block diagram, and I am not afraid of designing a PWB to solve the problem.

Thank you!

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Wed May 15, 2019 7:53 pm

As Dara explained, this may be something that can be done in the future with your vehicle and an RR2, but not able to be done with the RR and your current radio combination.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Honda”