2017 Ford Edge Sony 12 speaker setup

Group using the aFO2 firmware for vehicle equipped with Sony audio * see specific firmware for full feature list.
mkflyers2k
New User

2017 Ford Edge Sony 12 speaker setup

Post by mkflyers2k »

Good morning,

I am thinking about replacing just the factory amp in my car. If I purchase the Kenwood model will I still retain all 12 channels? It seems like if I'm reading everything right the following would apply to my car.

Please correct me if I'm wrong:

I would get no sound from front center or both far rear tweeters (aka surround) along with factory sub in right rear of trunk. Unless I buy another amp...

The front doors have sep channels for tweeter and woofer. Total of 4 channels. 2 per front door.

The rear doors in itself is one channel per door and the tweeter and woofer are on the same channel.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2017 Ford Edge Sony 12 speaker setup

Post by Zack Flynn »

You will need a channel of amplification for each channel you intend on keeping. you would need to use additional amplifiers on top of just the XR600-6 to maintain all the factory speakers
Zack Flynn
ILF Consulting LLC
MECP Master Installation Technician and SME

mkflyers2k
New User

Post by mkflyers2k »

Zack Flynn wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:07 pm
You will need a channel of amplification for each channel you intend on keeping. you would need to use additional amplifiers on top of just the XR600-6 to maintain all the factory speakers
Thanks Zack. So to be clear, If I just used on Kenwood amp, I would lose just the factory sub, upper rear desk tweeters and center channel?

Thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

It all boils down to system design and how you want to do it. You could choose to put the tweeters and door speakers on a single channel (effectively powering 4 speakers from two channels), or you could lose whatever 6 speakers you choose to not wire up.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

mkflyers2k
New User

Post by mkflyers2k »

Thanks!

Return to “Ford”