2014 Grand Cherokee with Alpine Amplified Maestro AR

Group using the aCH2 and aCH3 firmwares for vehicle with premium audio * see specific firmware for full feature list.
SubLinX
New User

2014 Grand Cherokee with Alpine Amplified Maestro AR

Post by SubLinX »

I have the Maestro AR, aCH2 T-Harness and the Kenwood XR600-6DSP. I have made all of the connections from the amplifier that is in the rear off the vehicle. 2 pin connectors that go to the Kenwood amp and the AR. I have setup the Kenwood and programmed the AR to my vehicle. The issue is I get no sound at all. I have tried the programming of the radio with the e-brake but I do not get any horn beeps. I have a 2018 8.4 unit with CarPlay and the rest of the system is original 2014 hardware. Any ideas?

Chris LaRoche

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee with Alpine Amplified Maestro AR

Post by Chris LaRoche »

The AR in a factory amplified Grand Cherokee does not require the radio to be programmed. It's plug and play there, replacing the factory amplifier with the AR/XR6006.

If you adjust the volume knob on the radio, does it show the volume changing? What's the serial number on the AR? Have you set up the Kenwood amp using the app? These should help point us in the direction of what's going on.
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

SubLinX
New User

Post by SubLinX »

Hi Chris. I noticed that the reprogramming of the amp did nothing anyway. The radio knob shows the volume changing.Kenwood amp is setup correctly. I put back the factory amp and everything works. Without turning everything off I replaced the amp with the AR and new amplifier and everything worked for a little while. I was told I needed 500 ohm resistors for the speaker lines coming from the amplifier that is apparently looking for some resistance or is does not put out sound.

Chris LaRoche

Post by Chris LaRoche »

That makes sense, on the speaker inputs to the AR.
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

SubLinX
New User

Post by SubLinX »

OK cool. The resistors should be here Thursday. I'll let you know if that does the trick. Thanks Chris!

SubLinX
New User

Post by SubLinX »

Sadly it is not working. Still no sound. Still works when I connect my factory amplifier though. Any ideas?

Return to “Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep”