2008 Tacoma Aux In AND Audio Cable required?

boricuastock
New User

2008 Tacoma Aux In AND Audio Cable required?

Post by boricuastock » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:35 am

Hi, I have a 2008 Tacoma witout the JBL. I am in the process of installing the maestro RR with a Pioneer Avic 8200nex. I am also installing with a Alpine 445u aftermarket amp. My question is around the two aux inputs from the wiring diagram.

My truck did not originally come with any aux inputs. I have since added on manually but it is not done through any factory wiring. With that being said,

1. Do I need either the Aux RCA in or the Audio cable that is shown to go directly to the Maestro RR unit?

2. What is the purpose of having both audio cables shown in the wiring diagram?

3. Could I use either the 3.5mm to wire directly to my phone and have it work if the RCA cables are plugged into the back of the headunit?

I am just trying to understand how these cables are intended to function given I have no factory Aux inputs. Plugging in both would eat up all my aux inputs on the back so if I don't need them or I can't use them then I will just leave them unplugged.

Thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2008 Tacoma Aux In AND Audio Cable required?

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:04 am

1 & 2. If you don't have an OEM aux, the AUX RCAs are not required. The audio cable sends audio from your oem systems to the radio (ex: OEM Satellite radio, OEM USB, etc). Based on how you flashed, you don't need either of the audio cables.

3. You could just run your own aux cable to the aux port if you want an aux input.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “TO1 radio replacement solution”