2011 Tacoma - Pioneer AVH-1440 NEX - How to Assign Tire Locations (TPMS)?

ezatnova
New User

2011 Tacoma - Pioneer AVH-1440 NEX - How to Assign Tire Locations (TPMS)?

Post by ezatnova » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:17 am

Love the feature of being able to see tire pressures at each individual tire with the idatalink maestro on my pioneer AVH 1440 NEX. However, this past weekend when deflating/inflating for off-roading, I realized that the locations of the tires on the screen of the head unit are not correct.

I've dug into the menu of the idatalink on the head unit within Settings under the gauges/info screen, but all I can find is how to change the units or switch from temp/pressure/both.

I found one thread on here where it mentioned "Assigning" tire locations (on a different Pioneer head unit), which sounds like exactly what I need to do, but I have no idea how to do something like that. Can anyone help me out on how to go about that?

Thanks

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2011 Tacoma - Pioneer AVH-1440 NEX - How to Assign Tire Locations (TPMS)?

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:26 am

First, ensure your ignition is ON. If it is not at least in the on position, you will not have the option to set the tire location.

Go to: Setup > OEM Setup > Maestro Features > Vehicle Info > Set Tire Location
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

ezatnova
New User

Re: 2011 Tacoma - Pioneer AVH-1440 NEX - How to Assign Tire Locations (TPMS)?

Post by ezatnova » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:03 pm

Thank you.

I do see some odd behavior that explains why I was having issues.

When I go into the settings menu where the Assign Tire Location is located (with the ignition on), it is GRAYED OUT and unable to be selected. The only way I can correct this is to back up, go into the gauges settings menu, back up, go into the vehicle info settings menu again, and then it is NOT grayed out and IS able to be selected. Perhaps this is a bug issue?

If need be, I can post a video of it, but at least I know how to get to it in the meantime.

Thanks again

Return to “TO1 radio replacement solution”