Setting tire location

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Stlmco
New User

Setting tire location

Post by Stlmco » Mon May 27, 2019 5:13 pm

I have always had a difficult time setting the TPMS locations on my 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I installed a Pioneer MVH2300NEX one year ago along with the Maestro RR and the TOY01 installation kit. As I remember it, setting the TPMS locations was not as easy as it should have been, but I got it done. Now, after having installed all new tires, no way no how am I able to set the TPMS locations. I get to the set tire location screen where it tells me to deflate my left front tire, then nothing. On my multiple attempts I even took the tire from 36 psi to 7 psi, to no avail. I know the system is reading tire pressures correctly since it not only show the pressure in all 5 tires, but shows the lowered pressure (in the wrong location) after I have deflated a tire and then restart the unit after it doesn’t detect the TPMS. I am at my whits end as to what I may be doing wrong or what else to try. BTW, I did reflash the Maestro unit and update the firmware.

Also, not sure it factors in at all, but I can only access/use the set tire location button immediately after turning the car on. If I choose any other screens or do anything else first, the set tire location selection button is grayed out and doesn’t function.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Setting tire location

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed May 29, 2019 9:44 am

Can you tell me what menu path you're using to get to the set tire location? There are a few ways you can get to that menu, but we recommend: Setup > OEM Setup > Maestro Features > Vehicle Info > Set Tire Location

Please ensure the ignition is at least in the ON position or you will be unable to learn tire locations. It will not learn or detect with the key in the accessory position.

I hope this helps,
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Stlmco
New User

Post by Stlmco » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:40 am

I finally got around to trying again to solve this problem. Tried accessing the “Set Tire Location” prompt using the path you suggested. When I get to the final screen this option, along with “Show DTCs” are both greyed out and can not be selected. Yes, I am doing this with the key in the on position, though I have also tried doing it with the key in the accessory position and with the car running. Also, because I know some functions will only work when the parking brake is set, I have confirmed that the green wire is installed correctly and I checked at the radio harness/connector and also confirmed that it is grounded when the parking brake is set.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:16 pm

What firmware do you currently have on the radio? If it has never been updated, that would be the first thing I would do.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Toyota”