No sound

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: No sound

Post by Dara DeGrand »

Digital fader is not covered with the analog firmware. We are currently working on a firmware fix for the amp turn-on issue.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

swtbrad
New User

Post by swtbrad »

The amp issue is fixed but i am still having issues with the steering wheel controls sticking. When i use the volume controls on the steering wheel the sound with either go up or down one level or it seems to stick and goes way up or down. Any thoughts?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

The amp turn-on issue is fixed.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

fanini
New User

Post by fanini »

installed in a 2005 jeep grand Cherokee. having same problem. verified with crutchfield that installation is correct. does the latest firmware for this model vehicle have the update you speak of earlier in this thread? thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

We have updated the firmware, but not for the amp turn-on fix, as we haven't had an issue with it in months. When you have time to work on the vehicle, give us a call at the number in my signature and we'll get it going.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Snowdude253
New User

Post by Snowdude253 »

Hi,

I tried my install with the Maestro today with an older Pioneer head unit. And I am also getting no sound. verified steering wheel controls work correctly. I have the base stereo system in my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee (so no amp). I left the amp turn on wire (blue/white) disconnected for installation of sub amp later. Could that be causing the no sound?

Also, I flashed my module yesterday (Sep 12) so I assume i have the most current firmware.

Thanks for the help,

Cameron

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

100% YES this will cause your issue. The maestro t-harness needs the blue/white connected in order to generate the amplifier turn-on signal.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Snowdude253
New User

Post by Snowdude253 »

Ok, connected the blue/white wire from my stereo harness to the CH2 harness. Still no sound.
To give you the most information I can I have an older Pioneer head unit. There are a couple other wires on the CH2 harness I don't have connect because the stereo densest have a counterpart for them, they are:

Yellow/black
Purple/white
LTGreen
pink
Brown
Blue (which the wiring schematic doesn't reference at all. ?)

Also, the 2 wires for the OBDII connector are not connected for simplicity of testing the Maestro and stereo.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Snowdude253
New User

Post by Snowdude253 »

Connected the Blue/white wire from my stereo harness to the CH2 harness and still getting no sound. As mentioned before the steering wheel controls were checked and are working, just no sound. To give you the most information I can I am using an older Pioneer head unit. There are a few other wires on the CH2 harness that aren't connected, they are:

Yellow/black
LT Green
Purple/white
Blue
Pink
Brown

As well as the two wires that connect to the OBII wiring.

Any help is appreciated to get my Jeep to produce beautiful sound.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

You didn't flash your module correctly. When you flashed it, you unchecked the amplifier option. When you tell us not to retain the OEM amplifier, we assume you removed or bypassed it, so there will be no amp turn-on signal sent from the maestro.

Re-flash with the correct configuration and all should be good.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Snowdude253
New User

Post by Snowdude253 »

Thank you Dara.
Re-flashed the unit and now getting sound. Awesome. Sounds perfect :D

Ran into a new issue. Was working fine with all steering wheel controls, but suddenly something freaked out and now it is trying to turn the volume all the way up or down and you cant stop it. Had to remove the steering wheel control input (3.55mm) in order to stop it.

Thanks.

Return to “CH2 radio replacement solution”