usb conection to factory radio

mg6134
New User

usb conection to factory radio

Post by mg6134 »

Hello, I have 2011 chevy Silverado, pioneer avh w4400nex and maestro rr with gm5+ harness. The factory radio had a mini usb plug going into it, I believe it just went to a usb plug in the dash. I did not see anywhere in the install instructions where this should be plugged in. after connecting everything else that dash usb no longer works. I know that the maestro rr has a mini usb input on it but I thought that was probably only for programing, if not then can I plug that factory mini usb plug there to get the dash usb working? The pioneer radio does show a usb input listed under factory sources but it is currenly grayed out.

billr
ADS Team

Re: usb conection to factory radio

Post by billr »

to retain the USB in the dash you will need an adapter to convert the mini-USB to a standard size, and that will plug into the back of the radio. You should be able to search the internet for an adapter since we do not have one for it.
The USB port on the Maestro unit is only for programming so please do not plug anything into it unless you are flashing the unit.

tstrelka
New User

Re: usb conection to factory radio

Post by tstrelka »

You can purchase the USB1 adapter for GM vehicles. I have one in my truck and it allows me to use the USB port on the dash to connect to my aftermarket radio.

https://maestro.idatalink.com/accessori ... project/rr

Return to “GM5+ radio replacement solution”