2007 Tahoe Install - What options?

R1_Demon
New User

2007 Tahoe Install - What options?

Post by R1_Demon »

Hello,

I didn't see my particular situation off hand, so I thought I would ask. I'm afraid of purchasing more stuff than I need for my new radio installation. Figured it was best to ask first.

What I have:
2007 Chevy Tahoe LT, with the standard radio head unit (no nav, no touchscreen), factory Bose speaker system with amp, factory SiriusXM with factory OnStar. I do NOT have rear seat entertainment system (no video screens) (however, I do have the factory rear radio and HVAC controls, does that count as part of the RSE system?)

What I'm installing:
Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX head unit with a Boyo backup camera.

I'd like to retain all of my features, so I'm planning on getting the Maestro RR unit and the HRN-RR-GM5 wiring harness (because it says it is required on your site).

I would like to know if I need the following:
* Do I need the the HRN-AV-GM5 harness if I only have the factory rear seat controls (no video screens or anything else)? I don't want to get it and find out I don't need it.

* Do I need to buy the SiriusXM SXV300v1 tuner? Or can I use my original factory GM stock SiriusXM tuner that is already in the truck? Will it function properly with the new head unit? I saw some people post about it, however, it seems like most originally had the nav/touchscreen system, so I don't know if mine is different or not.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance so I don't end up buying stuff I don't need and having to return it and all that jazz.

Thanks so much!
Mat
Mat
2007 Chevy Tahoe LT w/Bose system, OnStar and SiriusXM
Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX (coming up)
Boyo backup camera (coming up)

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2007 Tahoe Install - What options?

Post by Dara DeGrand »

No, you do not need the AV-GM5.

The OEM Satellite radio will be retained for you, so you do not need the SXV300.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

R1_Demon
New User

Re: 2007 Tahoe Install - What options?

Post by R1_Demon »

Dara,

Thank you so much for the info. You are my hero. :-D That knocks off a few bucks off my installation. Yay! :lol:

Have a wonderful day and thank you for the quick response. :D

Take care,
Mat
Mat
2007 Chevy Tahoe LT w/Bose system, OnStar and SiriusXM
Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX (coming up)
Boyo backup camera (coming up)

Return to “GM5+ radio replacement solution”