SYNC SYSTEM NOT AVAILABLE

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
codyclevenger2014
New User

SYNC SYSTEM NOT AVAILABLE

Post by codyclevenger2014 »

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I recently installed the Maestro RR2 kit alongside the k150 kit into a 2014 f-150. All running to a Pioneer avh-w4500nex. All connections are secure and correct and module was flashed to current update upon install, however, the sync setting for calls on my head unit is greyed out and will not let me select it when telling the head unit to use sync for calls. The sync voice and microphone button works and is broadcast through the unit correctly, when i am on a call and choose to use sync it automatically goes into private mode, when i choose to exit private mode it changes to pioneer call mode. This is a problem because i do not want to use the pioneer microphone. There are no red flashing lights on rr2 when mic button is pressed or while radio is operating under any other task. Every other feature works perfectly.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: SYNC SYSTEM NOT AVAILABLE

Post by Dara DeGrand »

In order to make that menu accessible, you must disable wireless carplay in the radio settings. It is on and the radio is connecting to your phone, which is causing the Sync bluetooth to be unavailable. Once you disable wireless carplay, the setting should be accessible.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

codyclevenger2014
New User

WiFi is disabled and still cannot select use sync for hands free calling

codyclevenger2014
New User

It is still coming up on private when making a call, once you clear out private it changes the Bluetooth from the sync to pioneer and the person on the other end of the phone can be heard through the speakers but the sync mic won’t pick up my voice.

Chris LaRoche

Post by Chris LaRoche »

If you look at BT connections in your phone, is the Pioneer showing up there too? If so, forget it, make sure it's deleted on radio side, as well as ensure WiFi is off as mentioned.

With the radio having Wireless CP/AA, it is trying to work as Pioneer intended, using your phone as an accessory of the radio. Sync wants to have this control, so the two will conflict to a point, when you try to initialize connections to Sync while the phone sees the Pioneer, either by BT or WiFi.
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

codyclevenger2014
New User

I deleted the pioneer from my phones Bluetooth and from the radio connection, I still cannot press the use sync button for calls. WiFi off and phone not connected to the unit by cable or anything else for that matter. The call does come up on the radio through sync but no voice can be heard through the speakers. You can use the steering wheel controls to dial a number and execute the call with no voice through the unit though.

Chris LaRoche

Post by Chris LaRoche »

Where is the 3.5mm to 3 pin black cable connected, both on the RR and radio?
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

codyclevenger2014
New User

The 3 pin to 3.5mm plug is plugged into the aux in on the radio and the black 3 prong socket on the rr2, next to the large 2 prong socket on the all black side of the rr2

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

When you press the voice button on the steering wheel, does the radio mute?

You could try taking a separate source (phone, ipod), plugging it into the aux on the radio, and then activating sync, to see if you hear the audio coming through. This will ensure the radio is switching like it should.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”