ADS-MSW with suggested Alpine functions not OK on iLX-407

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
AlpineClimber
New User

ADS-MSW with suggested Alpine functions not OK on iLX-407

Post by AlpineClimber »

I installed MaestroSW with Alpine iLX-407 using your suggested settings with your Weblink Desktop program to FLASH the module. The press once settings mostly work, but Channel up definition is questionable. And Press & Hold on "Mode" does not change radio to Siri.
1. Press and hold for "Mode" button: Alpine does nothing that I can tell. It should go to "voice or Siri" But I think the radio makes a beep like it got a command of some sort.
2a. "Channel" button Press Once: My wallet card says "Track +", but the operation appears to be "Preset up". It increments the saved channels I set up on the screen.
2b. "Channel" button Press & Hold: My wallet card says this should be "Track -" . But while 2a above does a Preset Up, this seems to do a "Track Down".
...Channel up: Press once and it increments up the saved stations on the screen. But Press & Hold, it does not go down the list of saved presets on the screen, it goes to the next lower available FM channel in my area at a frequency just below the station that is playing. Then, if I press Channel Up Once, it jumps to my first preset channel.

Note: The Volume Up button works fine. The Volume Down button works fine. Volume Down Press & Hold to Mute works fine.

Can you explain?
I have an install guide dated 2012 that says I can use the button and LED to Reset Module and Reprogram using the button and LED. Does this work on my new module? Are the Alpine function codes in the document up to date and accurate. I am assuming your software programming must not use the correct Alpine function definitions and codes (1-17). Perhaps definitions were misinterpreted when codes were put in the program.

I am using a ADS-MSW with a Guide Date of 2020-06-24. SW HW "SW (32) 1.03" on the box label.

AlpineClimber
New User

Re: ADS-MSW with suggested Alpine functions not OK on iLX-407

Post by AlpineClimber »

BTW - MaestroSW appears to get consistent button pushes, judging from the LED that flashes.
Volume Down button flashes LED 1 time.
Volume Up button flashes LED 2 times.
Channel Button flashes LED 3 times.
Mode button flashes LED 4 times.
So, I think MaestroSW has no issue detecting button pushes.

The issue seems to be the meaning of the code sent to the iLX-407.
Do all Alpine units use the same codes?
iLX-407 is very new. Are the Alpine unit and MaestroSW working from the same list of command code definitions?

AlpineClimber
New User

Post by AlpineClimber »

Correction: Holding the Mode button does correctly call Siri. When I did my original test I neglected to connect my phone for CarPlay.

So, the only remaining oddity is that the 2 functions assigned to the Channel button seem to be different. They maybe mix "Preset Up" with "Track- .
I also tried this button playing an album in Apple music app.
Tapping Channel button moved the music to the next album track.
Holding Channel butting caused the radio to beep, but the song playing in the Apple Music App did not change.

AlpineClimber
New User

Post by AlpineClimber »

Actually, the current function of the Channel button may have some advantage.
I can tap Channel to move up through the channel presets on the screen.
I can hold Channel to scan for the next station on the FM scale that are not in my presets. Maybe an unintentional, but useful, way to scan stations.

The Wallet card printout says the Channel button is programmed for "Track+" and Track-"
Another description of how the Channel button works:
Using SiriusXM..
Tapping the Channel button moves to the next channel preset on the screen going from left to right.
Holding the Channel button steps the SiriusXM channel down from wherever it is. (15,14,13,12...) This ignores preset buttons.

During programming, I played with the possible selections, but ultimately selected the button that said just use the recommended default settings "*" before FLASHING the box.

AlpineClimber
New User

Post by AlpineClimber »

Main functions work as expected.
Some quirkiness on secondary functions may be inside the Alpine, so I can live with this just fine.
It's not enough to pull it out to reprogram, even if I have better understanding of the issue.
Thanks

Return to “Maestro SW”