Custom SW install

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
rmb3218
New User

Custom SW install

Post by rmb3218 »

Hi,

I am about to purchase a SW for a custom install. I have watched the custom install video. My car has a single 2 wire resistive steering wheel control circuit, neither wire is connected to earth. I assume I will use the SW1 settings. Are the wires on the Maestro clearly marked so I know where to connect everthing.

Thnks, Kevin

Chris LaRoche

Re: Custom SW install

Post by Chris LaRoche »

When you test resistance on the wires, are you getting readings against ground rather than variable voltage? As long as they are negative/resistance based you can indeed do custom. You'll just pick "my vehicle is not listed" or "my wheel is not listed" while doing the flash. You'll input wiring colors, resistances, and get a custom guide to show how to do the install.

Thanks!
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

rmb3218
New User

Post by rmb3218 »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reply. I get resistance readings between the 2 wires, no voltage. Neither wire is connected to earth. Does one of the wires from my steering wheel remote go to "signal wire color" & the other I will connect to earth? Also is "feed wire color" the 12v accessory input or battery constant?

Kevin
Last edited by rmb3218 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chris LaRoche

Post by Chris LaRoche »

You got it! If resistance is metered between the two, make one the "feed" and the other the "SWI" wire and you'll be set. Won't matter which is which since it's only a 2 wire setup.

You won't be grounding or powering either of those two wires, though. Just input the info in the flash and you'll be good to go. This video goes through that process a bit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT0QOqH8USI
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

Return to “Maestro SW”