Need Help Resetting a Maestro RR

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
geemantex
New User

Need Help Resetting a Maestro RR

Post by geemantex » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:12 pm

I have the Maestro RR and need help resetting it so I can setup the new model receiver to it. Below is the info for the current configuration and what will be the new one.

Long story short...all items were purchased new 12/22/18 and the current receiver failed about 2 weeks ago. After having it repaired under warranty at Best Buy, the Maestro RR does not recognize the receiver and flashes red twice. Best Buy had to reseat all the video card connections due to the screen stopped working and the unit lost compete power. Due to it no longer being carried in the store (yes, less than 60 days after purchase), a different upgraded model was purchased and the Maestro RR must now be reprogrammed to it.

I followed the videos on the YouTube below, but can't get the Maestro RR to reset. I need help getting it reset. When I plug to my laptop and connect to reflash the module, the light is green, shows the current programming and will reflash the same programming. I have not tried to flash for the new model receiver because it will not be delivered until Wednesday (need the unit before I can flash the Maestro RR again).

Can someone please help me with getting the unit reset so that I can flash the new programming to it?

2005 Dodge Magnum R/T with steering wheel controls
Current Receiver: JVC KW-V340BT
New Receiver: JVC KW-V840BT

iDatalink Maestro RR - Error 2 red light flashes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw0nPAblrfg

iDatalink Maestro - Resetting your Maestro RR Module
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=krWpmmkBBpI

Thanks,
Garon

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Need Help Resetting a Maestro RR

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:03 am

There is no way to reset/wipe the module. You can re-flash it on our website as many times as you like, and the server of our website will just program over the module's existing content.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

geemantex
New User

Re: Need Help Resetting & Programming Maestro RR to JVC KW-V840BT

Post by geemantex » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:36 pm

So I got the new receiver in and have reflashed the Maestro RR to match the new receiver (JVD KW-V840BT). When I look at the Maestro RR wiring instructions, it is the same as before with the old receiver, but it does not specifically show JVC. The diagram seems to be generic because there are wires on the receiver like the Blue/Yellow stripe that is also on one of the 3.5mm connectors, but does not show to connect them. Another is the Yellow/Black stripe on the CH2 harness that is not shown in the diagram and a Brown wire on the diagram and not on the harness. Also, the JVC harness has Orange/White stripe labeled as Illumination while the CH2 instructions show as solid Orange (I know these two are generally the same). I just want to be sure the instructions I got after reflashing the module are correct since they are not matching to the JVC harnesses from both the old and new receivers and that I'm wiring this correctly.

To top it off, the last page of the instructions shows a common Radio Wire Reference Chart, but JVC is not one of the brands (only Alpine, Kenwood & Pioneer). I know Kenwood and JVC are from the same company, but do they have the same common wiring?

With the old receiver, a couple of the steering wheel controls did not work and I want to avoid any mistakes. Especially with the Blue/Yellow wire since it is labeled on the receiver as "Light Blue/Yellow (Steering remote control wire)" in the receiver manual.

Vehicle Info
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T with steering wheel controls
New Receiver: JVC KW-V840BT

Can someone please help with matching the colors from the CH2 harness to the JVC harness?

The biggest issue is the use of the 3.5mm with the Blue/Yellow wire. They Maestro RR/CH2 wiring diagram shows to use the 3.5mm cable without the Blue/Yellow wire, but the receiver has a Blue/Yellow wire. This does not match sense. Also, on the old receiver, I connected the Blue/Yellow wire even though the diagram did not show to. Maybe this is why some of the controls didn't work.

Unmatched Wires
JVC Blue/Yellow (Steering Wheel Remote Input)
JVC Blue (Antenna control wire) - I do not have a power antenna on the car, so this should not be used

CH2 Pink (Vehicle Speed)
CH2 Yellow/Black (not shown in instructions, no label on wire)
CH2 3.5mm (Audio Cable)
CH2 3.5mm with Blue/Yellow wire (Audio Cable)
CH2 Brown (not actually on the harness, but is shown in the wiring diagram)

Matched Wires
Data cable from receiver to Maestro RR
ODB II cable from Maestro RR to car ODB II port

Reverse
JVC Purple/White = CH2 Purple/White

Parking Brake
JVC Light Green = CH2 Light Green

Speakers
JVC White = CH2 White
JVC White/Black = CH2 White/Black
JVC Purple = CH2 Purple
JVC Purple/Black = CH2 Purple/Black
JVC Green = CH2 Green
JVC Green/Black = CH2 Green/Black
JVC Gray = CH2 Gray
JVC Gray/Black = CH2 Gray/Black

Power
JVC Yellow = CH2 Yellow
JVC Black = CH2 Black
JVC Red = CH2 Red

Illumination
JVC Orange/White = CH2 Orange

Amp Remote
JVC Blue/White = CH2 Blue/White

Thanks,
Garon

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:57 pm

Do not hook up the blue/yellow wire. It is not required for this installation. The radio gets steering wheel control commands through the black, 4-pin data cable in this specific application.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

geemantex
New User

Post by geemantex » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:25 pm

What about the CH2 Yellow/Black (not shown in instructions, no label on wire, but on the harness)?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:34 pm

That is foot brake, only used in some Alpine models.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro RR/RR2”