HELP: Problem with Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX

Find answers to common installation issues with the WebLink Updater.
ShotgunF15
New User

HELP: Problem with Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX

Post by ShotgunF15 »

Hi,
Just upgraded from older pioneer system to Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX. Checked online and according to both iDatalink and Pioneer, the Maestro RR supports this radio. When I check on the website it shows the radio, however when I use weblink updater with my unit the headunit does not display as an option (none of the new "DMH" models do). Based on this I can't flash the bios for the RR nor load model number or serial number for the unit. I tried resetting to the data for the old unit and plugged it in. The new system 'sorta' worked but flashed "your Maestro is not working" on the screen and the unit had a red blinking light. I replaced with my old system and got the green light and it worked fine.

Clearly I need to flash the unit with my new model number and serial number but for the life of me I can't figure out how! Have tried both the online updater and the Weblink Desktop... would not show my model number in either case. In case it matters, I bought my original head unit and Maestro in 2016.

THanks for any help anyone can provide... really wanna install the new headunit!

Tom

Chris LaRoche

Re: HELP: Problem with Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX

Post by Chris LaRoche »

If you look at the label on the RR, what's the number in parentheses? RR-(512) or RR-(256)? If this isn't legible anymore, you can email us the serial number as well.

My guess is it's an older 256 module and doesn't have the storage space required for your new radio, but don't want to make any assumptions without knowing for sure.

Thanks!
Chris LaRoche
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support - Maestro
MECP Master Installer

ShotgunF15
New User

Post by ShotgunF15 »

Thanks Chris, that was it... might be good to make that more prominent online so folks are aware. I do indeed have the older 256MB module so ordered a new one last night. Sucks that was required but all good. I'll post if it works.

Thanks for the quick reply

Tom

billhofe128
New User

Post by billhofe128 »

was the 256 rr module the issue i just purchased one ( dmh-4660nex)and have the exact same issue

Return to “Weblink Updater”