DMX906s

Find answers to common installation issues with the WebLink Updater.
jamesccostello
New User

DMX906s

Post by jamesccostello »

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the Kenwood DMX906s doesn't show up as an option when I try to flash firmware on my ADS-MRR. I select my vehicle (2014 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Without phone buttons), Steering Wheel (Audio buttons, but no phone buttons) and brand (Kenwood). When I try to select my model (DMX906s) it doesn't show up in the list. It shows up in the Demo mode, but not in the real mode.

I've seen a Youtube video where someone got the advanced features (gauges) working on a 2015 Wrangler Unlimited, so it must work. They didn't say anything as far as running into any problems during installation. I'm using an old (2016) ADS-MRR. Is that the issue, or something else?

Also, I'm new to this forum, so if anyone knows, is it likely that I'll get helped by the iDatalink staff here, or not?

billr
ADS Team

Re: DMX906s

Post by billr »

Is the RR from a previous installation? If you look at the bottom of the RR there is a white sticker with the ADS-MRR part number on it. there should be a (256) or (512) after that...if it's a (256) you will need a newer RR as that one doesn't have enough on-board memory to handle the new Kenwood and JVC radios.

jamesccostello
New User

Re: DMX906s

Post by jamesccostello »

Thanks for the reply. It was from a previous installation, and it was a model ending in (256), so I went out and purchased the new version. Installation went fine after that. As a suggestion, it would be much better if the app could show me all radios in your database, then explain the incompatibility if I selected an incompatible model. It was really confusing to not be able to find my radio in the list. Also, it would really be nice if your website explained the difference, since I was installing this on Friday after your support line was already closed.

Thanks for your help. Now that I have everything working again, I am very satisfied, as usual, with the iDatalink integration.

Return to “Weblink Updater”